5 Most Common Sidewalk Repairs In Manhattan
Manhattan has miles upon miles of sidewalks, and while you might not be responsible for all of them, you are responsible for the ones on your property. Getting sidewalk repairs when needed is a very important responsibility as a Manhattan property owner, and the NYC DOT works very hard to ensure that all property owners keep theirs properly maintained. Ignoring sidewalk repair needs can be dangerous for pedestrians and costly for you, as DOT sidewalk violations can start to add up. It's always in your best interest to avoid fines and infractions accrued from lingering repair issues by dealing with them as soon as you notice their presence.
Dealing With The Most Common Sidewalk Repairs
Taking care of sidewalk repairs is a fairly cut-and-dry process. Make sure your sidewalks are free of cracks and holes, and make sure that they're evenly leveled. Some of the more common issues our Manhattan sidewalk repair professionals repair, and that you should watch out for, include:
- Tree Roots - While trees make the landscape more beautiful, they can make the walkways more hazardous.
- Improper Slope - An improper slope usually results from improper installation or ground settling, but either way, it requires your immediate attention.
- Settling Cracks - The ground may shift under the concrete, or time and a lot of foot traffic may cause a section of your sidewalk to settle and create a crack.
- Collapsed Sidewalks or Curbs - When your walkways collapse in a section, this causes a hole and trip hazard.
- Shoddy Repairs - Patchwork repairs can be the problem, so make sure you hire a reputable professional to take care of your repairs.
Choose Local Professionals
Here at Sidewalk Repair NYC, we believe the quality of our work speaks for itself. However, you can feel confident knowing you have a local team on your side. We're familiar with the necessary procedures and stay current with changes to NYC DOT guidelines. If you know or suspect you have an issue, give us a call. If you've received a violation notification, the sooner you contact us the sooner we can make repairs. The longer you wait, the heftier your fines and the worse the problem could become. Call us now, and let's deal with your sidewalk repair service needs in Manhattan.